Market Yourself Like a Boss In Seattle
How to Market Yourself Like a Boss in Seattle
If the mention of online marketing makes you run in the opposite direction, you’re not alone. With today’s marketing techniques, you may feel that you need to be an analyst, tech wizard, photographer, and writer just to stay competitive. But don’t let marketing intimidate you – instead, learn how to master your marketing plan and market your business like a boss with just a few key steps.
Set aside a day to claim your online spaces
Let social media do your work for you! There are virtually (pun-intended) infinite places to create an online listing, so set aside a day to get your online presence up and running.
Here are some of the main online platforms you should consider:
- Instagram (Bonus tip: Connect it to Facebook.)
- Google My Business
- Yelp (Bonus tip: Claim it as a customer – the ad side of Yelp is awful!)
- Impact Hub member directory
- Seattle Good Directory
- Intentionalist (Bonus tip: This is an amazing platform if you’re a minority-owned, brick and mortar business.)
Create a marketing strategy
If a marketing strategy sounds akin to rocket science, consider attending one or all of the How to Market Like a Boss workshops in May. This four-week series makes marketing your small business or nonprofit a breeze – you’ll learn how to master your branding and create a comprehensive marketing plan that includes social media, email marketing, and more.
Let’s break those intimidating words “marketing strategy” down into its simplest components. Here’s what it all boils down to: Know your customers and their problems – and know your solutions. Wrap all that up in a two-sentence elevator pitch that says why your business is exceptional, and there you have it!
Here are a few more tips to make your marketing strategy less stressful and much more successful:
- Pick a marketing "flywheel" – like networking, blogging, or events – and stick with it. Consistency is key!
- Pick what social media platform(s) you’ll focus on. Don’t try to use them all.
- Pick three 90-day goals that are quantifiable and make sense for your business.
While the first two tips are fairly straightforward, choosing the right goals can be more of a challenge. For example, a goal of “get more customers” isn’t necessarily going to get you anywhere. How many more customers? And how do you plan to get them? This is an example of a goal that isn’t specific enough. On the other hand, even specific goals may not cut the mustard. For example, a goal of “increase my Facebook followers by 15%” sounds like a specific, quantifiable goal – but what will it do for your business? Will those followers convert to customers, or is this a goal for the sake of vanity?
Tap your network (hello, Impact Hub)
Your network is one of your most important resources as you expand your marketing. To make your vision a reality, you need to connect to ideas, resources, and people – and Impact Hub can make that happen. Impact Hub brings together a community of people from every profession and background: entrepreneurs, investors, freelancers, professionals, creatives, and more. By tapping into this network, you can find support, exchange thoughts, and collaborate.
How can you make the most of Impact Hub’s awesome resources? Here are just some of the ways you can get involved:
- Start by filling out your Impact Hub member profile.
- Check out our calendar of events – join us for fun networking opportunities, like Milk ‘n Cookie Hour or Community Lunch. These are excellent ways to chat with your peers and make instant connections with likeminded people.
- Impact Hub also has a Google email list and a members only Facebook group, where you can hop online and ask questions and connect to others.
- Impact Hub offers educational opportunities, such as Lunch ‘n Learn meetings. These are opportunities for you to take a deep dive into business-related topics that will help you further your professional goals.
- And of course, don’t forget to check us out on all the social media platforms! Follow and leave comments, we love helping promote you and your passion.
Ok boss, ready to take your marketing to the next level? Or do you still have questions about how to create an effective marketing strategy? If so, don’t forget to check out the How to Market Like a Boss workshop. Get all your questions answered and walk away with the confidence of a boss!